Charles W. Morgan sections

Click on above image to view full picture

  • Sheet 1
  • Sheet 2
  • Sheet 3
  • Sheet 4
  • Sheet 5
  • Sheet 6
  • Sheet 7

Availability: In stock


Hillman, Jethro & Zachariah


CHARLES W. MORGAN, a 113' 11" whaling bark, was built in 1841 by Jethro & Zachariah Hillman of Fairhaven, Massachusetts and named for one of the major share owners of the ship, Captain Charles Wahl Morgan.  The CHARLES W. MORGAN retired in 1921 after 80 years of whaling.  She was acquired by Mystic Seaport in 1941 and relaunched after extensive restoration by Mystic Seaport, Mystic, Connecticut on July 21, 2013.  Plans drawn by Mystic Seaport staff


Additional Information

Type Whaleship
Designer Hillman, Jethro & Zachariah
Date 1841
Builder Hillman, Jethro & Zachariah
Plans drawn by Mystic Seaport
LOA 113' 11"
Beam 27' 7"
Plans include 7 sheets: lines, construction, offsets, deck plan and bulwarks, square sails and rigging, outboard profile and rigging, 'tween deck and misc. sections, whaleboat handling and belaying pin arrangement.
Source Daniel S. Gregory Ships Plans Library, Mystic Seaport Vessels & Small Craft Collection
Previous order number 41.761
Additional information Link

Catalog number WSP.7.5